Monday, May 16, 2011

Sabzi

We've been talking a lot about stylizing our character. Realism doesn't interest us, and neither does the typical pixar or dreamworks style of 3D cartooning. Nor do we necessarily want to create a 3D piece that looks hand drawn or like a painting.

Enter Sabzi, a little known painter and sculptor I first discovered in a small gallery in Whistler.



I thought this idea would be great for our girl - minimalistic facial features, strong sense of form and lighting, storytelling in gesture and pose. I think the painting itself is a little to indicative of paint, too much texture, brush strokes, etc. So I think if we reduce the noise, we could come up with something special.

Here's a sculpture of his - I think this is a good indicator for what a 3D model could look like.

1 comment: