Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Board Style

I've been doing some very basic preliminary boards (which will be up shortly), but I thought I'd share different styles of boards. For inspiration, reference, setting a standard, what have you.

What reads the best for you?

Tom Price



Josh Sheppard



Kris Pearn (wonderful blogspot full of storyboard art and tips) - this is actually storyboards turned into an animatic.



Here's a few comic artists (which I've also been looking at for reference)

Ryan Stegman






Francis Manapul



Michael Oeming



It's not so much about the cool factor as it is about clarity. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I don't understand the floating boards concept, but I'm not sure how helpful it would be for us.. at least this early. I always love Tom Price's work and the movement his boards always express, much like Stegman's in this case. Also makes me want to look at the force book :)

    ReplyDelete